Gluten Free Chocolate Kale Squash Muffins
- 3 C. Oat Flour (make your own by blending GF oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Coconut Milk (canned/full fat)
- 2 C. Fresh Kale (one full bunch)
- 2 C. seeded summer squash or zucchini (two medium squash)
- 2 Bananas
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. Maple Syrup (or more to taste)
- 1/2 C. Melted Coconut Oil
- Blend oats in a food processor, then transfer to a bowl. Add cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the food processor pulse kale until small. Blend bananas, kale, and coconut milk until very smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Switch to shredder attachment of the food processor. Seed summer squash or zucchini by slicing into long quarters, then cutting out the middle triangle that holds the seeds. Shred seeded summer squash in processor. Switch back to bad attachment, and blend shredded squash with kale mixture. (you could also do this with a blender). Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and stir well (vanilla, eggs, maple, melted coconut oil).
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix well (oat flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt).
- Grease muffin tins. Scoop batter into muffin tins filling 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or cooked through (they’ll start to crack and little on the top).