We offer two versions of our meat CSA. Our Winter Meat Orders, and a new "Meat Share" available during the regular Farm season.
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) means our community invests in BARR FARMS to allow us to raise healthy animals on a sustainable scale, while caring for the land and each other. The CSA provides security to both community members and farmers by putting us in direct relationship with each other. A MEAT CSA is a concept where community members pay for a share of the animals harvested on our farm. We adapted the concept of a vegetable CSA where members pay in advance and receive a harvest of seasonal vegetables each week during the growing season.
MEAT CSA MEMBER BENEFITS
Members understand our meat is raised on a healthy, sustainable family farm.
Members receive specially selected cuts of meat.
Members enjoy 100% GRASS-FED beef that is marbled, lean and tasty.
Members know chicken and pork are raised on pasture, and are fed non-GMO feed
Members know our meat contains NO antibiotics, steroids or hormones.
Members enjoy a DISCOUNT from the retail price (during the Fall/Winter Meat CSA only).
WINTER CUSTOM MEAT ORDERS (Winter Meat CSA)
Our winter meat CSA runs in the winter months in two sessions, September-December and January-April. To be added to the email list to learn when signups open for each session, email email@example.com.
BENEFITS OF WINTER MEAT CSA: -- FULLY CUSTOMIZED: order exactly what you want, as much or as little (no Minimum order) -- Pick up monthly -- Discount from retail and regular season Meat Share prices -- NEW "Farmer's Choice" option
WINTER MEAT CSA STRUCTURE Currently, we offer Grass-finished Beef, Grass-Fed Chicken and Pastured Pork. (Beef is fed ONLY Grass. Chickens and Pork are pastured and fed local non-GMO grains) The Fall/Winter MEAT CSA runs in 4-month increments, with delivery on a monthly basis. Members agree to pay for the full 4-month session prior to or by the first delivery.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The amount of each meat cut purchased will be a bit more or less depending on the size of the prepackaged cuts. FOR EXAMPLE, if you choose one 3.0 lb chicken each month, you may receive a 3.2 lb chicken one month and a 2.8 lb chicken the next month. We believe this CSA-style flexibility benefits both the farmer and member.
DELIVERY DATES:DELIVERY LOCATION* & TIME: 10 am-1 pm September 28, 2019 SATURDAY @ DOUGLASS LOOP FARMERS MARKET, 10 am - 1 pm October 26, 2019 SATURDAY @ DOUGLASS LOOP FARMERS MARKET, 10 am - 1 pm November 23, 2019 SATURDAY @ DOUGLASS LOOP FARMERS MARKET, 10 am - 1 pm December 14, 2019 SATURDAY @ DOUGLASS LOOP FARMERS MARKET, 10 am - 1 pm
How do I order? Ordering Instructions:
1) Open the Price List * Note: These are the discounted CSA prices. See Products page for a list of our retail meat price list.
2) Determine what meats you are interested in!
3) Download this google sheet. IMPORTANT NOTE: The google sheet will be easiest as long as you have a google account. If you need an excel version of this file, email us.
4) Make a copy of the file, and rename it. Go to "File" then "Make a Copy" and save the form as a new doc with your last name first, like "StrobelmeatorderApr-Dec19". Once you have made a new copy, the spreadsheet will work properly for you. If you try to make changes in the blank order form on the link, it won't work. Be sure to only enter in the grey areas of the google sheet.
5) Fill out your contact information. Please do this first at the bottom of the sheet so you don't forget!
6) Enter your order: select the cut of meat from the dropdown and enter the number of packages you want in the columns indicated. The spreadsheet should do the math for you. ** Note: This year, we are offering a "Farmer's Choice" option. You can set a dollar amount per month you want to spend ($15 minimum per month), select "Farmers Choice" in the "type of meat" line for that month, enter the dollar amount you want to spend in the line next to "Farmers Choice" so it appears in the subtotal and total lines of your order form.
7) Share the google sheet with firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25!! You can do this by clicking "share" at the top right of your screen, and entering our email, or go to "file" then "share" and enter our email. You can also get a shareable link and email that link to us.
If you have issues or questions, call Adam at 859-608-6458 or email email@example.com
Meat CSA Farm Shares
If you want weekly or biweekly deliveries of meat May-October, we now offer the option of ordering meat to be delivered with your veggies! You can also order a meat share only. Meat shares can be delivered either weekly or biweekly, during our main 22 week growing season, May-October, to any of our regular CSA delivery locations. You set your meat preferences when you sign up, and can switch out week to week.
We have three options available, all available May 21-October 19, weekly or biweekly:
Meat Share - Samplers $ 22.00/ week Based on your meat preferences. An assortment at this price might include: 1 lb ground beef, pork or sausage and 1 pack brats OR 1 whole small chicken OR 1 pack leg quarters and 1 pack ground meat or brats.
Meat Share - Grillers $ 34.00/ week Based on your meat preferences. An assortment at this price might include: 2 lbs ground meat, 1 pack brats and 1 pack chicken leg quarters or breasts OR 1 lb bacon, 1 pack chicken leg quarters or breasts and/or steaks.
Meat Share - Carnivores $ 49.00/ week Based on your meat preferences. An assortment at this price might include: 2 lbs ground meat, 1 pack brats, 1 lb bacon or breakfast meat, chicken (whole, leg quarters or breasts), 1 roast (beef or pork) or steaks.